Saturday, August 6, 2011

Low-tide...



At last, I scored a low-tide freestyle/wave session at Punta! After a windy, but busy summer, Ifinally had time to roll down the northtrack and arrive at Punta alone to coincide with my favourite tide-time. Magical- the wind seemed to freshen as I put my toe in the water, and after a few runs alone to "warm up" (it´s 25 degrees), I was joined by two friends and had probably my most fun session of the entire summer so far.


My sailing finally seems to be coming back together after my long lay-off due to injury and a full summer spent coaching- I nailed some pretty high shakas, nice backloops, forwards, double flakas, flakas on the wave, and a couple of takas amongst other things. I had a bit of a smile on my face afterwards as I have had a disappointing summer from a sailing-level point of view (I have been sailing pretty average to poor mostly). It was nice to sail a bit more like I was last year again, pity it took all summer, haha.


Anyway, off to Flag today to teach port-tack forwards with someone who has an axe to grind with the forward loop from last year- I´ll keep you posted...

No comments:

Post a Comment